ELR-3 Customized Extended Long Range Shooting
- Each Customized Extended Long Range Shooting experience can include many unique options:
- Many aspects of our ELR-2 package can be are included
- Attempt hits at TWO-MILES with our .375 CheyTac!
- Attempt hits at 2.5 and 3 miles with our .375 CheyTac!
- ATV rentals/tours with Nomad Rifleman style steel hunting
- Catered gourmet meals
- In the high desert of Wyoming near Jackson Hole or other western states
- Customized packages begin at $9,800 plus ammo for a half-day local (Wyoming) Extended Long Range Shooting Experience to 1.25 miles, and $14,500 for 2 miles. $18,500 and up gets shot attempts at 2.5 miles, $24,500 at three miles and beyond.
We enjoy traveling for ELR (Extreme Long Range), finding new places to shoot, setting up temporary ranges and helping our guests achieve new distances. Our pricing is variable, however I will use an example to give you an idea. Client’s request:
“I live in Palo Alto and want to be able to do the experience in 1 day including flight time, achieving a 1 mile hit.”
Initial pre-event planning: Shepard or Scott will do research about potential places to shoot in California, Nevada or Idaho, legal issues etc. This includes reaching out to a network of contacts, making calls, seeing who knows a local rancher with an appropriate property. (The great news about this request is that places to shoot one mile are much more abundant than further distances.) We locate the nearest FBO and assist in finding ground transportation. We make reservations for rentals or purchase ATV’s as needed. We travel to the location, rent ATVs, scout the area for target and shooting locations and perform other logistical tasks. In this example we would not need to purchase new guns, scopes or other gear.
Pre-Event planning: A few days before the event, our staff begins arriving at the location. We erect targets, set up wind flags, create a source of shade and do other general preparation.
Event: We greet our guests and help our friend from Palo Alto and his friend achieve hits at 1.25 miles. Over 90% of our 1-mile experiences result in successful hits, beyond that distance things become VERY challenging, especially if the ground is damp and misses are difficult to spot. We never guarantee hits, however we give general probabilities of success. Whether or not our clients hit the target, our events are fun and challenging!
This example event would cost our Palo Alto client between $30k and $70k, all inclusive.
Our ELR-3 Experiences are led by Scott Austin and Shepard Humphries, two of the world’s best extreme long range shooting instructors. Their book on Extreme Long Range Shooting is scheduled to be released in late 2020. A Booking Guru team, staff instructors, spotters, catering professionals and other partners help make this experience compete for the best day of your life.