Extraordinarily successful people seek new frontiers to challenge. We are offering an opportunity more rare than climbing Mount Everest or even walking on the moon. The current world record for a long range rifle shot is 4 miles by James DeVoglaer. We are assembling all of the “parts and pieces” for an attempt at breaking the world record.
Along with the high return in terms of personal satisfaction and bragging rights of setting a world record extended extreme long range shot comes high risk of failing to make a hit. As a matter of fact, our chances of success are very small. The below experience is for an “attempt” and we do not guarantee success.
World Record Rifle Shot – Attempt Day Description
- Day before, you will arrive at a ranch about 60 miles from Douglas Wyoming & enjoy a prepared dinner and get to sleep early. We will buy out the small hunting lodge, so it will be only you in the lodge. (We can help arrange transportation at your request)
- Day of the attempt- We will meet you at the lodge at 530am. (If you would like an unskilled shooting instructor to prepare breakfast for you, we would love to do so, just ask during booking please. Otherwise, we will have fruit, granola, yoghurt and milk ready for you.)
- Your safari-style camp might have a pop-up shade canopy, but dress for open skies of direct sun. Morning might be 45* F and mid-day 105*F. A brown-bag lunch is provided and a rustic camp-style portable toilet is nearby.
- We supply a custom ELR rifle for your use, and 150 rounds of ammunition is included.
- We will have a coach available at the shooting location.
- We will have a forward spotter near the target, and probably another spotter or two.
- We will have a camera operator forward of the midway point to handle the target camera technology.
- We will have a traffic monitor at the private driveway (about half a mile under the bullet’s path) to ensure safety.
- We will have a target placed at over 4.1 miles.
- We will provide you with instruction and guidance as you shoot.
- We will supply all needed equipment and 150 rounds.
- (For our currently scheduled event Sept 14/15, we are grateful to the Phil with OADS for sending his engineer out with a custom wind reading device that should help us know a bit better what is happening way up in the sky.)
If you hit the target, we will mark your location as well as the target location. Then, we will hire a licensed surveyor to measure the distance, “making it official” that you have set a new world record for the longest range ever hit with a rifle by a human!
Pricing & terms
- The price for each Attempt Day (up to 150 shots/day) is $44k for the first shooter, $29k for second shooter.
At the time of booking, you may add a second Attempt Day for the following day for $29k/person. (Total $73k/person for one person for the 2-day option)
A $20k non-refundable deposit is due at time of making the reservation.
The nonrefundable balance is due 45 days prior to the event.
Gratuities are not expected but are appreciated.
*These deposits are not transferable if you have a personal emergency, a previously good weather forecast changes to rain within 3 days of the event, an “act of God” or if your plans change.
*Deposits ARE transferable to other Nomad Rifleman products only if we have to cancel or raincheck for any reason that is our direct fault. (Rain, broken gun parts, tulip or virus panics, etc are not our fault)
*Know that if the ground is damp or if the wind is ridiculous, we might not even see a single impact. You are paying for an attempt day, and there is not a weather exception to our refund policy. Late August and September are typically quite dry, … “but nature.”
*Those of you who are familiar with our reputation know that we we provide extraordinary service. If it rains the morning of the shoot, we will have other rifles available and will make sure you have an incredible day of shooting at closer ranges.
Working Version of World Record Rifle Shot Details (Everything subject to change)
We are excited to have components for a new customized rifle on order. We are building what we think will be the world’s best Extended ELR rifle. If everything comes together, we should have the rifle ready for our our guests to shoot by August 2021.
We are investing a lot of money in one-of-a-kind custom gear. We are investing many hours into preparation. We want to set a record, we are clearly “invested” in making this happen. Last year we made an arrangement similar to this one in which we teamed with a client for a long shot with our .375 Cheytac. Our client was successful in becoming the third person in human history to hit a target at over three miles, also setting the Wyoming State record long range shot.
Would you like to be the “shooter” on our team? Some risks that we want you to be completely aware of:
- You might schedule an Attempt Day, but we are rained out and you lose your deposit.
- It might take ten Attempt Days until a bullet connects with the target (or it might happen the first day.)
- We might completely fail and never even get a bullet to land near the target.
- A new quarantine order could occur the morning of the shoot.
- The rifle might break after your first shot.
- Your skills might hinder your success.
- A 60 MPH gust of wind might take our shade canopy away.
Our chances are truly low. Isn’t it exciting though to be on the cutting edge?
Our behind-the-scenes timeframe (updated 6-12-21):
- January to April – Scott ordered components for the rifle and did much research.
- April 1-3 – Three-Day Scout/Prep. Shepard and Scott traveled to Douglas, Wyoming to do a site check of two ranches. They found several great sites and made friends with some very nice ranchers!
- April 5 – Barrel arrived at Tacomhq to be structured
- May 30 – Chassis, trigger& action should be shipped to Scott & Shepard
- June 5 – Chassis expected to be shipped from Canada within two weeks
- June 10 – Action arrived from Tachomhq
- June 15-25 – Barrel should be shipped to Scott & Shepard (Waiting for Tacomhq to structure it )
- June 30 – S&S gunsmith Scott Mull should have the rife completed, including a custom milled “many hundred MOA” base. (If the components arrive by June 25.)
- June 30 – We receive 20 brass cases to start working our load up.
- July 10 – Ladder test will have arrived, rifle ready. Scott and Shepard test the rifle and begin working up DOPE within 2 hours of Jackson Hole. (Several 1-day tests expected) Scott then orders the 20 cases reloaded each time we fire them.
- August 1 – Custom hand-made brass is shipped to Unknown Munitions for loading, they will prioritize our order.
- August 13 – 400 rounds arrive.
- August 15th – We hope to take possession of our Ventus wind-reader, donated by OADS.
- August 20 – Scott figures out Murphy’s law issues, Scott and Shepard test the rifle and continue working up DOPE within 2 hours of Jackson Hole. (Several 1-day tests expected)
- August 22-30 – 3-Day Prep Trip. Scott and Shepard take the rifle to Douglas, Wyoming and begin testing at 4+ miles.
- Sept 3-5 – 2-Day Prep Trip. If needed, Shepard and Scott return to Douglas for more testing.
- Sept 6 – Kinks in our perfectly-laid plan are worked out and we are ready for you.
- Sept 7 – Provided no parts or pieces of our process have broken down, we are ready for clients on Sept 7.
- August 23- Sept 20th – Approximate date ranch becomes available for our use in 2021.
- Several coaches will arrive a couple of days before your scheduled experience to do setup and other prep work for your Attempt Day.